This process requires knowledge of SharePoint PowerShell and SQL server management studio. You will need to run t-sql commands on a specific database. This can be easily done easily with the help of a SharePoint Administrator and DBA.
Backup Settings DB
Please back up the prime settings database used in destination farm before you do below steps
Get Farm Ids
- Login to source farm WFE as farm administrator
- Run SharePoint 2010 Management shell as administrator
- Run the following script and copy farm id value. We will call it SourceFarmId
$f = Get-SPFarm
See below image for reference.
- Also, find SourceSiteId and SourceWebId by typing the following command as per the below image:
- Login to destination farm WFE as farm administrator
- Run SharePoint 2010 Management Shell as administrator
- Run the same PowerShell script as above and copy the farm id value. We will call it DestinationFarmId, DestinationSiteId and DestinationWebId
- Next, get webId by typing the following commands
Fix SQL entries
- Connect to sql server of destination farm using sql server management studio with appropriate credentials.
- Open a new query window and select prime settings database as the current database.
- Now copy and paste the following script into the new query window
- Paste SourceFarmId value between ‘’ in line 2 below
- Paste DestinationFarmId value between ‘’ in line 4 below
- Execute the query.
declare @sourceFarmId varchar(max)
set @sourceFarmId = ''
declare @disasterFarmId varchar(max)
set @disasterFarmId = ''
set SettingID = REPLACE(SettingID,@sourceFarmId , @disasterFarmId)
where SettingID like '%'+@sourceFarmId+'%'
Please see the following image for reference.
- Repeat the process of to replace sourceSiteId and sourceWebId with destinationSiteId and detinationWebId.
Also, update this in WebId field of the same table by applying the following sql commands
declare @sourceSiteId nvarchar(100),
webId = @DestinationSiteId
where webId = @sourceSiteId
webId = @destinationWebId
where webId = @sourceWebId
- After applying the above fix, all of your source farm settings should start working on your destination farm.