Was it something we said? We are sad to see you go and we hope you'll come back, but for now let us help you remove our products.
Before we get started, there are a few things you should do to make sure the remove process does not cause any disruptions to your environment.
Putting Things Back
You need to remove all references to Emgage assets, otherwise your SharePoint environment might experience some issues.
Note: You have to do this for every Site Collection (i.e. Team Sites, Publishing Sites, My Sites...) where Emgage Product was deployed and activated.
- Remove References to Master Pages
Navigate to Site Settings > Master page and switch both the Site Master Page and System Master Page to Seattle (SharePoint Online). Select the "Reset all subsites to inherit this site master page setting" and click OK.
- Remove Reference to Page Layouts
Go to all of your Publishing Sites and check to see which pages utilize Emgage Page Layouts (HINT: Our Page Layouts begin with "Prime", "ap-", "Atera Prime", or "Emgage").
An effective way to do this is to go to the Pages Library and check the Page Layout column to see which layouts are being utilized, than change the ones that begin with "Prime", "ap-", "Atera Prime" or "Emgage"
- Remove Emgage App Parts from all pages
This might be a bit tedious, especially if you've added lots of app parts to pages.
Once you find these app parts you need to Delete them from each page. (IMPORTANT: 'Closing' a app part is not the same as 'Deleting' a app part from a page. 'Closing' will simply hide the app part but will still keep all references on the page. So make sure you 'Delete them.)
- Removing apps from all site collections in Office 365
To disable Prime 365 from the tenant, user must go and remove all the apps from all the site collections where they are added.
Steps to remove an app part from a site collection.
- Click on Gear Icon at the Top right corner of a page.
- Select Site Contents.
- Look for the Emgage apps added in to this site collection and then click on Ellipsis(…) Symbol for an app.
- Click on Remove.
- Follow above steps for all the Emgage apps added in all the site collections.
Removing apps from App Catalog
To remove an app which is already added in app catalog follow below given steps:
- Go to App catalog site collection
- Click on Apps for SharePoint
- Select an app from the list of apps added in this app catalog.
- Go to Files in the ribbon and then click on Delete Document.
- Follow these same steps for the all other Emgage apps.
- User can select all the Emgage related apps by clicking on checkbox icon for each apps and then go to Files and Click on Delete Document. This will delete all the Emgage apps together.
Removing Emgage Assets
Sometimes there will be certain Emgage assets that are left behind after the Retract process, and you would need to manually remove them. These assets might include:
Navigate to Site Contents and delete any lists or libraries with an "Emgage" prefix (ex: "Emgage | Prime Feedback List") or any other custom lists which are used for emgage app parts.
- List Templates
To remove navigate to System Settings > List templates and delete any undesired template files with an "Emgage" prefix (ex: "EmgagePrimeStylizerThemes") or any custom list templates which are used for emgage app parts.
- Master Pages and Page Layouts
Certain items such as master pages and page layouts are automatically ghosted by SharePoint. To completely remove these file navigate to Site Settings > Master pages and page layouts and delete all files with an "ap-", "Emgage", "Atera Prime" or "Prime" prefix (ex: "ap-PRIME-2010.master")
- Style Library Emgage Folder
Navigate to Site Contents > Site Library and delete the Emgage folder if exist
Navigate to Site Setting > People and groups, select the More... link at the bottom of the Groups section in the side navigation, and delete the following groups:
WARNING: Please make sure that these accounts are not used for any other purpose prior to deleting them. Doing so could negatively impact other applications or services that might be using these accounts.
- Prime Alerts Administrators
- Prime Feedback Administrators
- Prime Navigation Administrators
- Prime Stylizer Administrators
- Empty Your Recycle Bin
Please empty the contents of your Recycling Bin. If the Theme library template is still in the recycle bin, then the library will deploy with the wrong name and Prime will not work (just in case you choose to reinstall one day).
IMPORTANT: Emptying your recycling bin will remove all other contents in there that you might need to recover. Be selective.
Send email to Emgage support requesting cancellation of P365 License.
Ask authorized person from your team to send an email requesting cancellation of P365 license. That will generate a support ticket and we will confirm once the cancellation process is completed.