This article walks through the step-by-step procedure required to update older versions of product to the latest release (20378). Please read the release notes for the latest version (20378) before committing to update your current version of the Emgage Products.
Before you Upgrade
Review the Pre-Installation Checklist to confirm that all required permissions and service URLs are accessible.
1. Extract the contents of the Installer zip package onto the local drive of each SharePoint Web Front End server.
2. Locate the 'SQL Prerequisites Dependency' folder.
3. Run the SQLSysClrTypes.msi installer package located in the "SQL Prerequisites Dependency" folder. If the installer provides you with a Repair or Remove option, please select Repair.
4. Run the SharedManagementObjects.msi installer package located in the "SQL Prerequisites Dependency" folder. If the installer provides you with a Repair or Remove option, please select Repair.
5. Repeat Steps 1 - 5 for all WFE (Web Front End) servers containing Emgage products.
6. Locate the Setup.exe file located in the extracted Prime installer package provided by Emgage support.
NOTE: While running the installer, your SharePoint environment will experience down time while the new solutions deploy. This is typically in the range of 10 - 20 minutes, however, for a large farm with multiple web applications/site collections, this could take much longer. Please plan accordingly.
7. Run the Setup.exe file as an Administrator (Right click on Setup.exe file and click the Run as Administrator option). This will launch the installer, which will walk you through the product installation.
A. The first screen of the installer will list the solutions that will be deployed to your SharePoint environment. Click on Next in the first page to proceed.
B. This screen displays a system check that runs to ensure all the required perquisites are met. Click on Next to proceed.
If any of these checks fail, please go to the Prerequisites Check article to learn how to resolve the issue.
C. You will be asked whether or not you would like to Upgrade or Remove. Given this is an upgrade, the obvious choice would be to select "Upgrade" but in fact, we need to "Remove" the solutions first.
D. Select "Remove" to remove all the Emgage products from the server.
E. Upon completion, you should receive a "Congratulations, your solutions removed successfully" message. Click on close.
F. Now that we have successfully removed all the Emgage products from the server, we can now follow this New Installation article to install Emgage products.
8. If you do not see the page of the installer shown in Step 7(C), you will need to follow the steps given below.
A. Enter your Database Server name. The User Name and Password will be any SQL Authentication Account (currently we do not support Windows Accounts). If you need help creating an account please see our Prerequisites Check article (scroll down to "Microsoft SQL Server Mixed Mode authentication" and subsequent section)
B. Once all required fields are filled in, click Validate then Create Database. You should receive a message saying "Data connection successful". When you click on Create Database button it will create three databases for all the three Emgage products. As we are performing an upgrade, a page will open which contains the name of existing databases and a name of a new database to be created. Click on Ok to continue. Then click on Next to proceed.
C. Enter the Validation Keys you were given by Emgage Support into the End-User License Agreement page. Click on Next.
D. You will be taken to the Site Collection Deployment screen where you may choose which Web Applications and Site Collections you would like to activate the Emgage products on.
You may choose all the Site Collections in a specific Web Application by clicking on the checkbox in front of the Web Application name, or you may select specific Site Collection by expanding the Web Application (click the "+") .
NOTE: You can always run the installer again and add additional Site Collections to activate Emgage products on. Alternatively, you may activate individual Emgage features on a Site Collection of your choice after the installation.
Once you are done with your selections please Click on Next to proceed.
E. The installer will run. If the installer finds any wsps that are related to Emgage, the server it will complain and start the rollback process.
F. Upon completion, click on close.
G. Once the above rollback process is completed successfully, follow this New Installation article to install the Emgage products.