Updating the Connection String:
This article explains the steps that need to be taken in order to (re)connect the Emgage databases to your environment. You might lose connection to Emgage Databases (Settings Database, TURBO Builder Database, License Database...) if your web.config file is modified.
- Go to your Desktop, right-click on a blank space, and select New > Text Document.
- Rename the document to CN.udl and select Yes on the resulting "Are you sure you want to change it?" alert.
- Double click that file and it will open as shown below. If it opens in a text editor, first confirm that the file extension has been changed to .udl, then right-click on the file, select Open with..., and select OLE DB Core Services.
- Provide all details as shown in a screenshot below. (NoteUsername: primeSettingsUser. Password = (yourpassword)
- Click Test Connection.
- If the connection is successful, a Test connection succeeded message will display. If the connection is not successful, please confirm that the server name is correct and at the User name and Password do not contain errors. (Note: The server name must be the same name as the actual server; Instances will not work.)
- Select OK, and then Yes in the resulting alert.
- Right-click on the CN.udl file and open it using Notepad.
- You will now see a connection string for the ateraLicenseUser.
- Copy the text starting from Password field.
- Go to C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories. (web.config)
- Select the folder corresponding to your web application.
- Make a backup of the web.config.
- Open the web.config file using Notepad.
- Search for the tag <connectionstrings>.
- Replace a connection string for the AteraPrimeLicensing with the newly generated connection string from the above steps.
Here, we will replace everything contained within the double quotes following the text "connectionString=" with what we have copied for the CN.udl file. When updated, the connection string will look as follows (the bold portion is what was copied from the CN.udl file):
<add name="AteraPrimeLicensing" connectionString="Password=(yourpassword);Persist Security Info=True;User ID=ateraLicenseUser;Initial Catalog=AP_LicenseManagement;Data Source=SERVERNAME" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
- Login to your site and confirm the Product Licensing page is available by navigating to Site settings > Product Licensing (found under the Emgage Settings heading).
- Repeat this process for the web.config of all web applications on all WFE’s using Emgage products (Prime, Turbo, or Turbo View).