This article walks through the step-by-step procedure required to update the previous Emgage product release to the latest release.
Please review the Pre-Installation Checklist to confirm that all required permissions and service URLs are accessible.
|NOTE: While running the installer, your SharePoint environment will experience downtime while the updated solutions deploy. This is typically in the range of 10 - 20 minutes, however, for a large farm with multiple web applications/site collections, this could take much longer. Please plan accordingly.|
- Extract the contents of the Emgage Installer zip package onto the local drive of each SharePoint Web Front End server you would like to update.
- Locate the 'SQL Prerequisites Dependency' folder.
- Run the SQLSysClrTypes.msi installer package located in the "SQL Prerequisites Dependency" folder. If the installer provides you with a Repair or Remove option, please select Repair. If the installer notifies you a higher version already exists, please select Finish to exit.
- Run the SharedManagementObjects.msi installer package located in the "SQL Prerequisites Dependency" folder. If the installer provides you with a Repair or Remove option, please select Repair. If the installer notifies you a higher version already exists, please select Finish to exit.
- Repeat Steps 1 - 5 for all WFE (Web Front End) servers containing Emgage products.
- Locate the Setup.exe file, located in the main folder of the extracted Emgage Installer package.
- Run the Setup.exe file as an Administrator (Right-click on Setup.exe file and click the Run as Administrator option). This will launch the installer, which will walk you through the product installation.
Select the Yes option on the notification window that appears.
- The first screen of the installer will list the solutions that will be deployed to your SharePoint environment. (1) First, agree to the terms and conditions of the software package by checking the I agree option. (2) Then click the Next button to proceed.
- The next screen will perform a Prerequisites Check, ensuring a successful installation is possible. When all prerequisite checks have passed, Click on Next to proceed.
Note: If any of the prerequisite checks fail, please visit the Prerequisites Check article to learn how to resolve any issues.
- We are now ready to select the type of Install we would like to perform. Since this is a product update, (1) select the Update option and then (2) click the Update button.
- The version numbers of your currently installed products will be checked against the latest version numbers to ensure an upgrade is necessary. Once this check completes, assuming an update is necessary, please first read the note about down time below, then click the Update button to proceed with the update.
NOTE: Your SharePoint environment will experience down time while the updated solutions are deployed. This is typically in the range of 10 - 20 minutes, however, for a large farm with multiple web applications/site collections, this could take much longer. Please plan accordingly.
- The update will commence, with its progress visible on screen. This may take 10 - 20 minutes, so feel free to grab a cup of coffee :).
- When the update completes, the following screen will display congratulating you on a successful upgrade.
- To see what's new in the latest release, please visit the Release Notes section of the Emgage Support portal.
Thanks for updating!