This article walks you through the steps necessary to add updated Prime 365 Apps to your App Catalog and then place them into use on your site.
Time requirement: 15 min for the first site collection + 10 min per each additional site collection
Add Updated Prime 365 App files to your App Catalog
NOTE: It is highly likely that not all Prime 365 Apps will require updates. The Prime 365 Update package will only contain app files for those Apps which require an update.
- Open the App Catalog site collection (created as part of the Prime 365 Client Dependencies) where you previously installed your Emgage Apps.
- Navigate to the "Apps for SharePoint" page.
- Extract/Unzip the Prime 365 Update package you received from Emgage.
- Drag all .app files from Prime 365 Update package and drop them in the upload area on the Apps for SharePoint page. If the file already exists a prompt will appear asking if you'd like to replace it. Click the "Replace It" button and replace the old app file with the updated one. Alternatively, you can use the upload link to upload the app files one by one.
Update Templates Solution
NOTE: The following steps apply only when an update "Emgage.Prime365.ListTemplates.wsp" file exists in the "ListTemplateWSP" folder of the Prime 365 Update package.
- Navigate to the root site of a site collection you'd like to add the Emgage products to.
- Open the Site Settings page by clicking on the Settings gear icon in the top right section of the page and then selecting "Site Settings."
- Click the "Solutions" link under the Web Designer Galleries section.
- Select the existing "Prime365.ListTemplates" solution in the library.
- Click the "Deactivate" option located within the Solutions tab of the ribbon.
- In the modal dialog that opens, click the "Deactivate" option.
- Refresh the page to verify that the Solution status is now empty.
- Click the Upload Solution option located within the Solutions tab of the ribbon.
- In the file upload dialog, that appears on the screen, select Choose File and then select the "Emgage.Prime365.ListTemplates.wsp" file from the "ListTemplateWSP" folder in the Prime 365 Update package provided by Emgage.
- Click the OK button to upload the file to the Solutions Gallery.
- After uploading, click the Activate button to activate the solution.
- After successful activation, you will see that the solution listed in the Gallery with an "Activated" status. Note that you may need to refresh the page with the most current gallery information.
- Repeat the above steps for each site collection you'd like to add the Emgage products to.
Update Prime 365 Apps on your Site
NOTE: The following steps apply only to the Prime 365 App parts which received an update. These apps can easily be identified by reviewing the names of the app files contained in the Prime 365 Update package.
Navigate to a site collection where you've added the Emgage products.
- Open the Site Contents page by clicking on the Settings gear icon in the top right section of the page and then selecting "Site Contents."
- Identify an Emgage App that requires updating (These apps can easily be identified by reviewing the names of the app files contained in the Prime 365 Update package).
- To update the app, click on the (…) link located in the right top corner of the app and click the "About" option
or click on the update link (Note: The update link appears if significant time has passed between updating the App Catalog and opening Site Contents).
- Upon completion of the above step, you'll be directed to the app info page.
- Click the "Get It" button to update the app. You'll then be redirected back to the Site Content's page where you can monitor the update progress for the app.
- Repeat steps 10 - 13 for all Emgage Apps requiring an update.
- You've now successfully updated the Prime 365 Apps to your site.
- Repeat the above steps on all site collections where you've added Emgage products.