A successful install and configuration of Emgage’s Prime 365 SharePoint apps requires some initial set up. Please follow the instructions below and provide Emgage Support with the requested information to ensure and smooth and successful product install.
Time requirement: 15 minutes
Pre-Build Dependencies (required)
The following steps must be completed before we can build and prepare your Prime apps. They ensure the App parts can properly connect to your SharePoint Online environment.
SharePoint Online Tenancy URL
This is simply the URL to your SharePoint Online site. For example: https://emgage.sharepoint.com
Go ahead and create an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and paste in your Tenancy URL. Keep this email open, as you'll be adding a bit more to it in the next section before sending it.
If you'd like our assistance with the following steps, please feel free to send the email you just created now, with a request for assistance, and our team will reach out to set up a time to assist via screen share.
To register a new App please follow the steps below:
- Log in using an Office 365 user who is a member of the Global administrator role. Please refer to Microsoft's support article on how to Assign admin roles in Office 365 for business for assistance. Note: If you are using Single Sign-on and you sign in using an ADFS user who is a member of the Global administrator role, the tokens created below will not properly validate. Please be sure to sign in using an Office 365 user.
- Navigate to https://your-sharepoint-tenancy.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/appregnew.aspx (replace "https://your-sharepoint-tenancy.sharepoint.com" with your SharePoint Online Tenancy URL from the above step). You'll arrive at a screen that looks as follows:
- Click the Generate buttons next to the Client Id and Client Secret text boxes to auto-generate the required values.
- In the Title text box, enter the value Emgage Prime (or some other value that will help you to identify the Prime 365 apps that will be installed).
- In the App Domain text box, please enter either pod1-prime-apps.emgage.com (US Host) or pod2-prime-apps.emgage.com (Europe Host) if Emgage is hosting your apps; otherwise enter your self hosted Azure domain address. Double-check to make sure that this value is entered correctly.
- In the Redirect URI text box, please enter either https://pod1-prime-apps.emgage.com (US Host) or https://pod2-prime-apps.emgage.com (Europe Host) if Emgage is hosting your apps; otherwise enter your self hosted Azure domain address prefixed with https://. Again, double-check to make sure that this value is entered correctly.
- Click the Create button. You'll then be redirected to a page that summarizes your App Registration details. Keep this page open.
- Copy the App Registration summary details, making sure to include both the Client Id, Client Secret, and App Domain in their entirety and paste them in a file you plan to keep and will be able to reference at a later date, as well for the next step.
Create an App Catalog Site Collection
You will need to create an App Catalog site collection to place your Emgage Prime 365 Apps in so that they are available for your users to add and use. Microsofts Use the App Catalog to make custom business apps available for your SharePoint Online environment article describes this simple process (see Step 1: Create an App Catalog site collection in Microsoft's article).
Turn On Scripting Capabilities
Scripting capabilities are disabled by default for Personal sites, Self-service created sites, and the Root Site Collection of the Tenant. We need to enable them to allow the Emgage Prime App Parts to perform as intended. The instructions in Microsofts "Turn scripting capabilities on" article are confusing, so below we've provided much clearer steps below:
- Navigate to your Office365 environment and go to the Office365 Admin Center
- Expand open the Admin branch and select SharePoint
- Select Settings
- Scroll down towards the bottom of the page and double-check that both options under the Custom Script heading are set to Allow
- Click OK. It takes about 24 hours for the change to take effect.
Congratulations! You've now completed all steps required to ensure a successful Prime 365 install.
Once Emgage receives the information requested above, we will build your apps and configure Azure to properly communicate with your Sharepoint Online tenancy. This typically takes 2 - 3 business days to complete. After building, we will send you a ZIP file containing the installation materials needed to perform the installation. You'll then be able to complete your install by following the Prime 365 Install article.
To simplify the installation, we recommend creating a temporary user with Site Collection admin access to both the App Catalog Site Collection and to a Test Site Collection to which you'd like the Apps deployed and allowing a member of the Emgage Support team to deploy the apps for you. Simply email email@example.com the user credentials, App Catalog URL, and Test Site URL and we'll take it from there. Once deployed, we'll reach out to discuss the deployment process (if you're interested), and walk you through the rest of the on-boarding process.